Volunteer with us
Are you interested in furthering your career, building your network of professionals, strengthening your skills, and implementing new ideas within our community?
Empowerment's volunteer benefits:
- Updating/learning new skills
- Possibility to develop your own professional portfolio
- Support to grow your career
- Networking with talented professionals
- Free participation in our events
Empowerment Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to supporting vulnerable immigrants and migrants who face unemployment and discrimination. Our vision is a world where individuals empower each other to live their best lives. Our mission is to provide underserved groups with access to resources that improve their socioeconomic situations and promote independence and inclusion in society.
As a team, we are deeply committed to the people we serve. We understand the importance of helping individuals avoid the downward spiral of depression and hopelessness that often accompanies long-term unemployment. Our goal is to change the mindset of our clients and serve as a sounding board to help them discover and pursue the job or career they have always wanted.
Our coaching services are provided through a mix of online and in-person meetings. As a volunteer coach, you will be crucial in helping our clients address their immediate unemployment situation while addressing them as whole individuals. In addition, you will serve as a sounding board and advisor, assisting clients to overcome any obstacles that may be holding them back from achieving their goals of returning to the workforce.
At Empowerment Foundation, everyone deserves access to the resources and support they need to thrive. By volunteering as a coach, you can make a meaningful impact on the lives of typically overlooked and marginalized individuals. Join us in our mission to promote independence and inclusion in society and help individuals realize their full potential.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Coaching certification with ICF or other legitimate coaching body
- Demonstrated experience in working with multicultural individuals and teams
- Confident and empathetic personality
- Tolerance for individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English (knowledge of Spanish is a bonus)
- Comfortable with technology and different applications
- Proactively use our coaching portal to match and track client progress
- Update availability and capacity within the portal monthly
- Deliver quality coaching and career advice to our clients
- Take on a minimum of two clients at a time and provide up to five coaching sessions per client
- Attend our monthly coaches meeting at least once per trimester to maintain a sense of community within our team, receive important information, and stay connected with other volunteers and coaches.
At Empowerment Foundation, we are passionate about helping underserved individuals achieve their full potential. Suppose you share our drive and passion and possess the above qualifications and administrative responsibilities. In that case, we invite you to join our mission to empower individuals and promote social inclusion.
What We Give to YOU!
- Free coaching for all volunteers
- Access to all workshops for free unless otherwise stated
- Workshops and information sessions to help volunteers who work for themselves
- Opportunities to attend workshops for new skill sets, both professional and personal
- A place to grow as a person and as a professional
- Immediate start date
At Empowerment Foundation, we believe in supporting our volunteers as much as they support our clients. That's why we offer free coaching to all of our volunteers and access to all of our workshops and information sessions. We also provide workshops for new professional and personal skill sets to help our volunteers grow and develop.
If you're a good fit for our team, then Empowerment Foundation is the perfect place to grow as a person and a professional. We're committed to creating a supportive, inclusive environment that encourages personal and professional development. Plus, with an immediate start date, you can begin making a difference in vulnerable individuals' lives immediately.
Send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com.